If you are interested in becoming part of the LB Pork team, please print out the form from the link below. Send it to LB Pork, Attention: Dianne Bettin, 109 N. Bridgeman St, Fairmont, MN 56031 or Email email@example.com
JOIN THE LB PORK TEAM!
CURRENT POSITIONS: See Job Descriptions below for CONTROLLER, SEMI TRUCK DRIVER AND FEED MILL DRIVER positions
Join the LB Pork Family and help us continue to grow our pork and crop operations.
We are a family-owned business whose motto is “Generations Farming Together” and our core values are dedication, faith, relationships, responsibility and teamwork. Our employees are like family and we are looking for a new team leader to help us achieve our goals.
As our Controller, you will become the point person for managing and directing the financial affairs of our business. In this role you will partner with the Owners to open new doors for growth and sustainability, including:
Acting as a trusted advisor to the Owners.
- Facilitating transition and professional development with the next generation.
- Fostering refinement in leadership and management practices.
- Establishing finance operational strategies by monitoring and evaluating trends; establishing critical metrics; designing production, productivity, quality and marketing strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems and facilitating change.
- Accomplishing finance and human resource strategies by establishing accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; and implementing plans.
- Driving finance organizational strategies by contributing forecasts, reporting results, and identified variances with recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; and establishing functional objectives that align with organizational objectives.
- Analyzing growth opportunities by studying industry trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction and systems enhancement; and resourcing capital for fund expansion.
- Maximizing financial performance by measuring and analyzing results along with costs; initiating corrective actions, assisting with marketing and risk management activities and capitalizing on return on invested funds.
- Oversight of legal, financial, and contract obligations and information utilized in our business.
We are looking for:
- At least three years experience as Controller or equivalent, preferably in an Ag/Pork/Finance organization with gross sales that are relevant to an organization similar to LB Pork
- Experience in building high performing teams and developing people
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting software packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Experience in the Agricultural or manufacturing industry with pork and crop systems preferred, but not required
- Forward thinking
- Ability to gain credibility quickly
- Able and willing to promote ideas and gain commitment from others
- Able to deal with ambiguity and continuous change
- Adaptable individual with ability to mentor future leaders
- Ability to build relationships key to achieving company objectives
- Agile thinker with the ability to multitask or to change gears as needed.
REPORTS TO: Owners
- Reporting to the Owners, the Controller will define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support our growing company. They will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, and physical infrastructure and will also give input into IT and HR functions as they pertain to financial functions.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Controller will be involved in strategic planning, implementation, evaluation, and professional development initiatives, as well as planning for succession between generations in the family business.
To apply submit a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to
Dianne Bettin, Human Resources Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org
109 N. Bridgeman St, Fairmont, MN 56031.
Questions: 507-873-4291 Ext 101
SEMI TRUCK DRIVER
We are looking for hard working, dependable individual to drive and assist with loading of livestock. Local day runs. Must have good driving record. Truck and trailer provided. Current CDL preferred but not required. Hog experience very helpful. Full time position and some weekends.
Compensation same as Feed Mill driver below
FEED MILL DRIVER/TECHNICIAN
Responsible for feed delivery & ingredient hauling. Assist with feed mill operations
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurate and timely delivery of feed to production sites. Pick up feed ingredients as needed.
- Assist with transfer of corn between sites during harvest and throughout the year.
- Coordinate with FFM to assist with feed manufacturing as needed.
- Responsible for feed mill operations when FFM is not available.
- Keep feed mill appearance, inside and out, clean, neat, and organized
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist other departments and assist in special projects/requests when necessary
- Able to lift 50#
- Must complete fork lift training
- Maintain good driving record
- Monday – Friday (generally 7 AM to 5 PM)
- Work every other Saturday
- Work 2 out of 6 Holidays
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work extra hours in helping with spring and fall fieldwork
- Hourly pay
- Time and a half after 48 hours
- Eligible for health Insurance, life insurance and 3% match retirement funding after waiting period. HSA available that company makes contribution to. Dental, vision, accident and short-term disability plans available.